10 Nov 2016 • Breakfast TelevisionWatch on network
1) Use mindfulness technique using biofeedback (HeartMath.com)
2) Try natural remedies that work: pumpkin seed powder, valerian, magnesium, GABA.
3) This is a neat home remedy hack: the hops pillow (this is so cool and it really works! You can get hops from an herbal store in loose form. The “lupulin” that you breathe in is sedating. it’s the reason why hops growers for the beer industries to fall asleep on the job!)
4) Implement sleep hygiene: keep room about 68 deg, totally dark and blacked out, intense work out should be done in the morning so as not to increase body temp, and wear socks so core temp goes down
5) Key nutrition: tart cherry juice, banana, small amount of carbohydrates (100-200 calories) 30 mins before bed, B6 vitamin rich food (like garlic and pistachio nuts) and calcium rich foods (like greens and organic dairy) help the brain use tryptophan to manufacture sleep triggering melatonin. Walnuts are a decent source of the amino acid tryptophan. Almonds are rich in magnesium to help relax the nerves and enhance sleep. Chamomile tea can relax the nerves. There are also anecdotal reports of grapefruit juice enhancing sleep.
Items that are known to interrupt sleep like exceeds alcohol and caffeine and “energy drinks”
Dream Water is a fast acting, non-prescription liquid sleep aid that helps you sleep naturally.
· With melatonin, GABA and 5-HTP, Dream Water helps you fall asleep, stay asleep and wake up feeling refreshed.
· Taken 30 minutes before bed, Dream Water can become part of an improved sleep routine.
· Dream Water has been approved by Health Canada as a safe, effective and high quality natural health product.